A guide to this year’s Bram Stoker festival
If you love horror movies and anything scary this year’s Bram Stoker Festival is for you! This is the third annual Bram Stoker festival and it happens in Dublin from Friday 24th to Monday 27th October 2014.
You may not realise it but Bram Stoker was born in 1847 in Clontarf so Dubliners can celebrate the legacy of horror novelist and his Gothic novel Dracula during this festival. Just grab an NRC Taxi and we will have you in the heart of spookesville before you know where you are!
This will be a weekend of fun for all ages with walking tours, literary workshops, theatre, cinema and highlight in Dublin Castle where Spraoi will perform a spooky spectacle in the grounds of Dublin Castle.
There are a huge number of inspirational events for all tastes and ages such as a gothic ball and film and literary events:
- The Alfie Byrne Festival Club at the Conrad Hotel
- The Curse of Styria movie at the Screen cinema
- The Bram Stoker Literary Death Match in the smock alley theatre
- Beautiful Noise – Irish screen premier in the Screen cinema
- Lynne Truss & Joanna Briscoe – Hammer Classics – Becjkett Theatre, Trinity College
- Goths v Zombies Dance- Off – on Grafton Street
- Near Goneby Two Destination Language – The New Theatre, Temple Bar
- The Cure in Orange – Meeting House Square, Temple Bar
Last year’s festival brought more than 20,000 visitors of all ages and from all corners of the world to the city for a weekend of wickedly good fun.
The Bram Stoker Festival 2014 promises to bring the mystical ‘World of Stoker’ to life on the streets of Dublin city centre and has plenty to suit thrill seekers of all ages. Just call NRC Taxis on 01 6772222 or log onto www.nrc .ie and we will get you there in a flash!